When I find myself in need of a healthy snack, this is what I usually go for. Soft and (coco)nutty, these healthy apricot bars make an amazing snack to simply grab and go. Perfectly sweet, yet not overly sweet these are a true pick-me-up! I love them because they are really simple to make- only 4 pantry ingredients are needed to whip them up.
The bars are basically a blend of dried apricots, Medjool dates, almonds and shredded cocnut.
It is simple- but it is SOOO delicious!
As you might have noticed from my recipes, I love adding nuts or seeds to my every meal. And you should too! They help us feel full, satiated and they are straight up delicious! Nuts and seeds pack great nutrition in a small packaging. Learn all about why it is important to get them in your diet here and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so I can notice you about new, healthy recipes such as the sunflower seed cookies or the berry crumble.
What I love about these apricot bars is that they are completely refined sugar free. The bars are sweetened with the natural sugars from the fruits which makes them a lot better for us then regular candy bars. Nevertheless, they taste pretty bomb!
I should only mention one more thing before getting to the recipe. Make sure to get ahold of unsulpured dried apricots instead of the regular, orange ones which have been treated with sulphur dioxide to keep their color bright. The unsulphured apricots should look quite dark as you can see on the photo below.
Try the apricot bars if you:
- are searching for a simple and easy snack
- want to make afforadble snacks at home
- enjoy naturally sweetened and gluten-free treats
- adore apricots as much as I do!
- are trying to swap unhealthy, processed bars with a healthy alternative
I really hope you will like the recipe, please let me know if you try it out! 🙂
Now, let’s get baking- or should I say blending? I forgot how they are crazy easy to make!
Wholesome, plant-based and gluten-free healthy bars
- 1 cup dried apricots, unsulphured
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates*, pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, no added sugar
- *or use dried ones, but make sure to soak them for 15 minutes beforehand
- Start by blending the almonds until some chunks remain.
- Then add the dates, apricots and shredded coconut and continue to mix. It should form a sticky dough.
- Press the dough into a lined sheet in a square form around half an inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Leave in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
Store the bars in the fridge and keep for up to a week- if they last that long! I recommend using unsulphured dried apricots.