Wholesome apple oatmeal cookies with cashew and date chunks and cinnamon spice are the perfect fall, vegan freindly, healthy snack, breakfast or a treat.
My Instagram feed is exploding with wonderful fall treats. Apple, pumpkin, cinnamon and figs are the common fall add-ins to any dish- salads, soups or cakes. I shared my favorite butternut squash soup recipe which is a great fall meal to always have on hand.
But you know, after lunch or dinner comes dessert, right? Well for me it always does! 🙂
Stumbling upon Natalie’s recipe from her blog Natalie’s Happy Health for the lovliest apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies I knew I HAD TO make something simmilar.
Having said that, I decided to go with the apple and cinnamon theme, but adding in chopped dates and cashews made these cookies even tastier in my opinion!
Serving them with a drizzle of peanut butter makes the whole humble cookie thing go over the top! 😉 I definitely recommend you try it!
Creating the recipe…
… or the story of how I gained 1 kg in a week.
How did that happen? Well I have been eating two-three-okey it was four of these amazing, apple oatmeal cookies for two weeks now and I still want some more!
Nothing beats a good old cookie or two drizzled with peanut butter and a cup of decaffeinated coffee/tea in the evening. Since I started going to college, I have to study. But the problem is I always, always have to eat when I do so. And the cookies are a life saver! 😉 The perfect study snack! Just be careful not to eat too many of them (I know, I know, … it is hard!)
Easy, simple and healthy
Oats, honey, spelt flour, apples and flax seeds are basically everthing you need. The perfect way to use up all of the beautiful apples which are in season right now. These are prepared in 10 minutes so you don’t have to slave in the kitchen the whole day. And they make your house smell INCREDIBLE. This recipe makes the yummiest apple oatmeal cookies which are:
- healthy, refined-sugar free and vegan
- low in calories and high in fibre
- soft in the inside with real apple chunks
- a great snack or a breakfast option
I hope you are enjoying the fall weather and eating all the treats! 🙂 I know I am… you can follow me on Instagram to see all the yummy everyday treats I am currently having!
Wholesome soft cookies with cashew and date chunks and cinnamon spice.
- 1 cup oats (quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 flax eggs (or real eggs)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1 smaller finely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/356°F.
- Make the flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 5 tbsp water.
- Combine the oats, flour, powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Then mix the wet ingredients including the flax eggs, apple, date and cashew chunks seperately and add in the dry. Make sure there is no lumps.
- Scoop the dough on a baking tray forming 1 tbsp sized cookies and bake for 15 min at 180°C/356°F.
- Serve warm or cooled, store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for longer.
I love to drizzle them with peanut butter when serving them!