The zucchini soup is easy. Delicious. Refreshing. And healthy.
Raw soups are definitely the easiest lunch you can imagine! If you can’t think of more ways to use zucchini and cucumber, summer’s ultimate veggies in my opinion, you have to try out this recipe.
Personally, I love how this soup recipe required just a few seasonal ingredients and a blender. NO cooking! Staying cool and refreshed is a must during the summer heat here in Croatia. That means I will be making loads of these raw soups over and over again.
Play around with flavors…
Now, this is my base recipe and feel free to add-in your favorite spices and toppings. I like to keep it simple with mint and fennel. To match the green soup I love, love, love topping my bowl with a good glug of quality, cold-pressed pumpkin seed oil. The oil is rich in healthy fats and aids your skin, hair, hearth and bad cholesterol levels. Plus, it has a nutty and rich flavor which goes perfectly with the refreshing raw soup. Toast a few whole pumpkin seeds to throw on top and you have a filling, yet light lunch or a starter.
However, don’t skip on the cashew nuts because they give it creaminess. You don’t have to use loads of heavy cream to create silky texture, it is enough you invest in a quality blender or a just a hand blender to get perfect results. With it you can make wonders such are cookies, treats or smoothies.
Doubling the recipe means leftover for tomorrow that taste even better. The cooler the soup, the better. Soups tend to develop their flavor over time, so you can make the recipe ahead of time.
Why do I, and hopefully you, love it?
Because it is quick and simple. It’s budget-freindly, great for meal prep and staying fit!
I hope you found this recipe helpful whether you’re looking for
- an easy recipe
- new way to use zucchini
- including more raw veggies in your diet
- refreshment from the summer heats
The raw creamy zucchini and cucumber soup is a must!
Lastly, don’t forget to check out my social media accounts. I’ d love to connect with you! ♥
Easy, refreshing and healthy raw zucchini soup with pumkin seeds.
- 1/4 cup of cashews, preferably soaked for 1-2 hours
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt, or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- a couple mint and fennel leaves
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed cold-pressed oil
- Start by chopping your veggies. Set aside a few mint and fennel leaves to decorate.
- Blend all of the soup ingredients until it becomes creamy. Add more water if preferred.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds.
- It is best to serve the soup chilled in the fridge, but you can eat it straight away. Drizzle pumpkin seed oil on top and sprinkle some of the toasted pumpkin seeds.
The soup can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge for up to 3 days.